The more you are an expert in betting prediction, the more chances that you will win your bet. The betting prediction depends on understanding the odds and calculating the result of outcomes that comes from the odds. Understanding the odds is one part while predicting the outcome is a different part. Not everyone who understands the betting odds will get to know the outcome of these odds. The prediction on betting simply means the prediction of the outcome of sport i.e. you can predict the result of the sport simply by calculating the odds and predicting the best. You might have to understand the odds, let’s find out how to predict the betting from these odds.
Predicting bet from fractional odds
Fractional odds are the most complex-looking odds. These odds you may have seen in betting on horse race sports betting. As per the name, these odds are shown in fractions i.e. 6/5 or 8/13. How can you predict the result by looking at such complex-looking odds? Let’s understand by example,
- let’s say horse no. 5 has an odd 9/15 means horse no. 5 has raced 24 times (9+15) and out of this 24 times, horse no. 5 would lose 9 times while winning 15 times.
- To calculate the betting probability you have to simply use the formula winning times divided by no. Of races multiplied by 100, i.e. for horse no. 5 it would become (15/24)×100 so the probability for a horse no. 5 would be 62.5%
- If you want to place a bet of $10 on horse no. 5, you will get $16.25. Your winning money is calculated by initial stake×(winning chances/no. Of races), so for a horse no. 5 it would be $10+(15/24)=$16.25
Predicting bet from decimal odds
Decimal odds are the simplest and easiest odds in sports. These odds are displayed in decimal form. Let’s again understand it by the same example.
- If a horse no. 5 displayed an odd 2.40 the probability of horse no. 5 would be calculated by 1/ odd i.e. 1/ 2.40 the probability would be 41.7%
- If horse no. 5 displayed decimal odd 2.40 and if you placed a bet of $10 on a horse no. 5, your winning will be calculated using formula (initial stake × odd)-initial stake so for a horse no. 5, your winning will be (10 × 2.40)-10 = 14$
Predicting bet from American odds
American odds are displayed in terms of sign and they are always in three-digit no. i.e. if you see -150/+350 odds means they are American odds.
- The negative sign called favorite gives you an idea about how much you should bet
- The positive sign called underdog indicates how much money you will win.
- If you place a bet of $50 on a horse no. 5 having American odd -130 then your pay-out can be calculated as (100/130= 50/x)+ initial take, the x in the equation would be your pay-out. i.e. you will get 38.46$+ 50 i.e. 88.46 The similar formula would be applied for signs.
- The probability is calculated by the formula (100/ positive odd + 100). Suppose horse no. 5 have American odd +250 then their probability will be(100/50+100) i.e. 28.57%